What information Polecat collect, how we use it plus our GDPR statement.
By visiting our website, or using any of our services available on our website or products, you agree that your information will be handled as described in this Policy. If you purchase our Products, your use of those Products also will be governed by the terms of your license agreement, and any associated contractual terms. If there is any conflict between that policy and this one, the terms of that policy will govern.
What information do we collect about you and why?
We collect information about you directly from you, automatically through your use of our website and products, and through third parties services integrated into our website and products, such as Intercom and Google Analytics.
Information we collect directly from you
We collect information from you when you request information from us or otherwise interact with our Site and our services. This is always under your control and discretion. The type of information that we collect from you depends on your particular interaction with our Site and may include, without limitation, your name, address, and email address, and any other information that you choose to provide to us.
Information we collect automatically
We may collect, process and use the following information about you:
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, search activities as well as the page, content, software or resources that you access
- Your IP address, web addresses of the sites you arrive from and go to next and information about your connection, including your device’s browser, operating system, platform type and Internet connection speed. We use this information for operational and performance measurement purposes and to personalise certain contents of the Site to provide you a richer experience.
Our site and products respect browser requests not to be tracked. You may adjust your browser settings so as not to accept cookies.
How we use your information
Polecat is constantly seeking to better understand our users and their needs, and build products and services to better support these. \ We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our website and products to you, to facilitate features on our website and products, to communicate with you about your use of our website and products, to respond to your inquiries, to manage your account, to send you information that you have requested, and for other customer service purposes.
- For marketing and advertising purposes. For example, as permitted by applicable law, we may occasionally contact you by e-mail, postal mail, or telephone to provide you with information about goods or services that might be of interest to you.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our website and products.
- To better understand how users access and use our website and products, both on an aggregated and individualised basis, in order to improve our customer experience and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
When we disclose your information
We do not share your personal information with third parties without your explicit consent. GDPR regulations, and Polecat commitment to privacy requires that you stay in control of how your information is handled. Circumstances under which we may request permission to share your data include:
- Business transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. We also may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you.
- In response to legal process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and de-identified information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
You should be aware that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to our Site—transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we have implemented security procedures and features to prevent unauthorized access. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. If you become concerned that your password details may have become compromised you should change your password immediately.
Reviewing and changing your personal information
Please contact Polecat if you would like your personal information removed from our systems.
The General Data Protection Regulation is effective starting 25 May 2018 (GDPR). The GDPR aims to strengthen the security and protection of personal data in the EU and will replace the European Privacy Directive and national legislations accordingly.
Polecat welcomes the arrival of the GDPR. The success of our company builds on the trust that our employees, customers and other stakeholders have in our ability to deliver premier quality insights and services from the analysis of public domain data. This includes our ability to apply a high level of data protection and security in relation to any personal data that our employees, customers and third parties entrust to us.
At Polecat we consider it not just our duty to comply with national and international data protection regulations, but also to do this by applying the same standards, processes and procedures throughout our Polecat footprint. This allows us to deliver the transparency, predictability and consistency that our stakeholders expect from us.
Data controller and contact information
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or how and why we process personal data, please contact us at:
Data Protection Officer \ Polecat Intelligence Ltd \ Unit 7-8 \ Temple Studios \ Temple Gate \ BRISTOL \ BS1 6QA